Monday, October 20, 2008

A Real-Life Look At Portfolio Confidential...

I have to preface what follows.

For those of you who are keeping up with the blog, we have entitled it, "Portfolio Confidential", playing on Anthony Bourdain's memoir, Kitchen Confidential. The purpose of our blog is to serve as a behind-the-scenes look at kitchen design - chronicling the people, places, events and interesting (and sometimes unusual) happenings at Portfolio Kitchen & Home.

That being said, we received this email from one of our clients after delivering pies to our friends who contributed over $200 each to Geri's "Hot Legs of KC" campaign, benefiting The Touched by Cancer Foundation.

This client is in the middle of a kitchen remodel with us and, at the time, the new kitchen cabinetry was being installed. We thought the description of this experience was so refreshingly candid, and just had to share.

"Please give my thanks to the Portfolio crew for the apple pie. I just ate my first piece and it tasted great. Unfortunately, I was forced to eat it with plastic silverware on a tissue-thin paper plate with a McDonald's napkin. I am sure it would have been even better with real china, good silverware, a scoop of ice cream and a nice napkin. I am sure you can appreciate our short-term challenges..."

No comments: